In order to reach a point of a happier healthier you, you need to be able to embrace change! Making changes to our routines and lifestyles for many can be very difficult, even for myself I will be the first to admit.
Many are even content to put up with things which are not good for them, hurt them or cause pain or ill health as it’s easier than actually making the change. It may the habit of smoking, drinking, not exercising, not going to bed early, not drinking water or putting up with the headaches or back-pain, and doing nothing about them…
What habit is it you would like to change ?
Here are some tips to help you break those habits you have been putting on the long finger. Change is not easy but positive change can have an amazing benefit to your health, your energy, your loved ones, your sleep, your mood and so on. I encourage you to give these a go!
- Decide what it is you would like to or need to change (if anything)
- Change only one poor habit at a time! Many decide to do all or nothing or too much at once then they give up.
- Write it out, whatever you commit to do or change write it out clearly, mark it with a date so it is very clear when you are starting from and then write out all the benefits of making the change. Keep this close to hand and read it every day.
- Take each benefit and write them out individually – example on different date sign your diary or calendar, set them as reminders on your phone, put them in the book you’re reading at the moment, stick them to the mirror, fridge wherever works best for you as a constant reminder to keep going and don’t give up.
- Accept and acknowledge that you may feel a little worse before you feel the immediate benefits of the change depending on what you are working on, e.g if quitting coffee you may have withdrawal headaches for 2 days or so, so always cut down gradually. Benefits – better sleep, brighter skin, more energy, healthier more energised liver and so on
- Make out a list of new ways to reward yourself. Enjoy making your new healthy habits 🙂
Try a free preview of my Best Life Quotes book, it is designed to help you change your thinking and empower you to break habits.