Here are some of the benefits of celery juice:
- It is highly nutritious and very hydrating for the body.
- It is incredibly alkalising and therefore will help equalise the body’s pH which is crucial for optimum health.
- It is a rich source of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, iron, phosphorous, vitamin C, B1, B2, B6 and other essential amino acids.
- It is Calming for the nervous system: the characteristic smell of celery is due to its essential oils and it is these oils which are calming… therefore it can help promote sleep too. It is high in magnesium which is also crucial for helping the body to relax too!
- It Aids in digestion: It can aid in bowl movements and therefore can act as a natural laxative. Synthetic laxatives force bowel movements and do not cleanse the bowel wall so the problem just keep recurring. Natural laxatives gently cleanse the bowel wall and gentle stimulates peristalsis…
- It can lower cholesterol:according to researchers in the university of Chicago celery can reduce cholesterol with just 2 stalks a day. Celery stimulates the production of bile which is the main way cholesterol is removed from the body.
- Celery is a natural diuretic, the sodium and potassium are super at regulating the fluid levels of the body. This juice is particularly great after exercise or if you have sweated alot. The sodium in celery is not to be confused with the same sodium in table salt. The sodium in celery is soluble and is essential for the body. Every cell in your body is bathed in a perfect solution of salt, if this is not at the correct level or in balance, dehydration occurs and fluid retention can arise.
Here is one of my favourite celery juices
x5 sticks celery
x1 small to medium lemon peeled
Another great juice is
Carrots, as needed to provide approx 500ml of juice
1/2 lemon peeled
2 sticks celery
This is a very light juice, ideal to start off your day with, Enjoy.
Wishing you a week of excitement and abundant health.
- If you do not celery, please try it in a juice if you have not already done so, even half a stalk can start to make a massive difference
P.P.S. If you would like more healthy recipes i know you will just love my top 40 in my healthy you pack. http://www.gertrudelawler.com/healthyyou
I came to Gertrude with very tired legs and overall a very sluggish system. I was very dehydrated and never used salt, I thought all salt was bad. Upon testing Gertrude immediately recognised I needed much more water than i was taking daily and I needed sodium daily, I started with adding a little himalayan rock salt to my water and drank it over the course of the day and I started making celery juice, within a few weeks I could feel my energy back to better than before and I felt so bright and light in myself . So delighted. Jennifer