Aging is a natural progression of life. Many people age quicker than others due to a number of reasons like excess stress over long periods, excess alcohol consumption, excess smoking, poor dietary habits and so on. There is so much you can do for yourself to keep yourself ‘feeling’ young, looking younger and healthier. The secret is looking after yourself and maintaining an energetic lifestyle. Here are simple tips you can action TODAY to keep you in tip top shape.
1. Change your attitude! So many people say to me they ‘feel old’ or things like, ‘what else could they expect at this age’? Age is a number. Far too many people are older than their age. By changing your attitude towards your age and having a younger outlook or perspective on things can and does make people feel happier, healthier and younger in mind, body and spirit. Listen to the words you use and how you talk about yourself, become more aware of it and any time you are using OLD, or AGE in a negative way, stop it and focus on things which make you feel good, make you feel healthier and happier. Some of the other tips will help you along the way.
2. Add a splash of colour: Wear bright colours that suit your colouring…nothing will make you look older than you years than wearing colours that don’t suit you or if you wear the same colours day in day out. If you wear safe colours all of the time like blacks, greys, browns…add a splash of colour to your attire everyday to brighter up your spirit, your mood and your appearance. When you feel good, you look good. I promise you people will notice! So dress up to impress 🙂
3. Sleep: Don’t be a night owl. Lack of sleep prevents the body form regenerating and healing. Get to bed at least 3-4 nights of the week earlier than you normally would. You will immediately feel the difference. If you suffer from poor sleep patterns you may be stressed, have adrenal exhaustion, a malfunctioning pineal gland which controls our body clock or many other things. Relax as much as possible before bed, deep breath, let the day go and focus on all of the positives which tomorrow will bring.
4. Laugh lots: Laughing is the best thing you can do for you. It sends happy vibrational signals right throughout your entire body. It costs nothing however we simply don’t laugh enough. Make yourself laugh every day…a good hearty laugh. You will instantly feel better and look it too!! Try it for yourself.
5. Rebound: Get your lymph moving with the aid of a mini trampoline, simply the best €40 you will ever spend on yourself. It is fun, easy and you can use it in the comfort of your own home. It is independent of the weather, so no excuses!! It is suitable for all ages and is easy on the joints too. It boosts lymph flow, which is crucial for looking and feeling younger. The lymph system becomes sluggish due to sedentary lifestyles, making you feel tired, lethargic, unmotivated and sluggish. You skin can look puffy and dull from stagnant lymph. Keep it moving!
See part 2 next week for more simply ways for you to action in helping you not only look younger but feel younger. For the next week do one thing every day to help you look younger and feel more alive and energetic.